TOP COLOR TRENDS FOR 2013
Beasley & Henley Interior Design has identified the Top Five Color Trends for 2013:
Starting with #5…
5. Black/White. These staples are making a comeback. They were strong a few years ago, faded out and are cropping back up again. In 2013 you will see blacks and white as strong main colors on furniture, fabrics, cabinetry and as background colors. Look for them in both matte and lacquered, throwing even more versatility behind these sophisticated standbys.
4. Dark Blue and Navy. These colors started growing in popularity over the past year and they are coming on strong in 2013. Accent wall colors, fabrics, draperies will all see a refreshing push toward these darker blues.
3. Tan. Tans will start to push out the grey that has been ubiquitous for the past few years as the go-to neutral. We have nothing against grey, in fact we use it a lot, but we are excited to see tan as a main color.
2. Bright is still strong! Flaming Pink, Vibrant Yellow, Bright Blue, Lipstick Red are all vibrant and youthful colors that will continue to draw fans in both design and fashion for 2013.
1. Emerald Green - According to color authority, Pantone Color Institute, the big color for 2013 is Emerald Green. This color has made a strong showing in fashion and beauty, but not as much in the world of interiors. According to Pantone’s executive director “Symbolically, emerald brings a sense of clarity, renewal, and rejuvenation, which is so important in today’s complex world.” Sounds good. We will see what 2013 holds.
Emerald Green? The best use of this color we recall made an appearance in the steamy study scene of ‘Atonement’. Worn by Keira Knightly and supported by James McIvoy, that was the best Emerald Green has probably ever looked. We’ll see what 2013 holds
Note: All BHID pics are by the amazing Stephen Allen Photography. Thanks Steve!